SAIC is hiring a Service Desk Agent I for a key role supporting the SAIC team in Salt Lake City, UT.
This may be a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours. Responsible for providing the first-line of customer support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees. Answers basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Escalates complex problems to higher tiers as required. Typically provides customer support for internal and external customers. Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization. Documents all customer interactions within a ticketing system. This is a pathway position for aspiring IT professionals. Career progression may include government security clearances and industry certifications. JOB DUTIES
Qualifications REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE
- Resolve technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate, and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
- Route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
- Maintain and updates records and tracking databases.
- Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Provide customer support through various contact methods such as phone, chat, email.
- Respond to customer support requests in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Accurately and thoroughly document customer requests.
- Resolve customer incidents and requests if able or assign to higher tiers as required.
- Act as a single point of contact for existing incident and requests.
- Provide customers with a reference number for their incident/request.
- Identify process and procedures which need to be corrected or added to.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification. 2+ years' experience in an IT support role.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must possess a Public trust clearance to start and must be able to obtain or possess a Secret clearance.
- Current Security+ or ability to obtain certification within 2 months of hie
- Minimum 1 year of technical support experience in a call center environment.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication, addressing moderately complex.
- Technical issues via telephone, email, and chat.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment.
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
My SAIC Benefits.