We have an immediate need for a Level 2 Help Desk Analyst. This is a permanent position. Great benefits and with a super stable company. We need someone that can work independently and that has the ability/personality to interact with all levels of user.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides Tier 2 technical support for desktops, servers and network related issues.
- Installs PCs, servers, monitors, printers, scanners and other IT devices.
- Part of the IT Help Desk phone Queue.
- Provides assistance in troubleshooting various business applications.
- Perform software maintenance, installs and upgrades.
- This position requires occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- Associates degree in Computer Science (or related field) or three years of experience in a large corporate help desk environment.
- Passionate about Information Technology. Strong desire to keep pace with ever changing IT landscape.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software, preferably in the area of windows operating systems, windows servers, networking components and infrastructure devices.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012, MS SQL, Linux, TCP/IP, DNS Active Directory and VMware.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 suites, printers, file servers, security, virus protection, spam/virus filtering and Powershell scripting.
- The following certifications are preferred, but not required: A+, Network+, Security +, MCSA or CCNA.
- Require the ability to lift heavy items (up to 50 pounds).