Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Provide Corporate office and clinic onsite support for end user desktop support services
- Provide laptop and desktop support for Windows 7 and later platforms.
- Work with end-users to improve their ability to utilize system capabilities, determine problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Work with appropriate IT staff to implement solutions which will meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Coordinate with both internal IT resources and external vendors as needed on small-scale application and hardware upgrades or installations including Smart phones.
- Develop test plans and assists with application and hardware testing as needed.
- Respond accordingly to reports of trouble (includes all voice, data, desktop, smart phones and network issues) as presented by the Service Desk.
- Contact user about the problem and schedules problem resolution.
- Resolve problem or verifies resolution status with outside or contract vendor.
- Update ticket with problem resolution and follows up with user.
- Ensure proper ticket communication protocol including announcing arrival, work performed, status and departure.
- Assist in cable installations by outside contractors.
- Perform adds, moves and changes (maintenance and support) on PC equipment including laptops and Smart phones.
- Assist the Network team in maintaining LAN and WAN if needed.
- Install and Configure Printers as necessary.
- Assist in installations and moves of departments and facilities.
- Assist remote users.
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to work from ticket management system with little supervision.
- Ability to think logically and use problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with very detailed information.
- Ability to work with other employees in determining the nature of equipment problem.
- Ability to handle fluctuating volumes of work and prioritize to meet deadlines and needs of the user community.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in desktop and laptop troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Citrix
- Current driver's license, car insurance and a dependable vehicle.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Physical requirements in accordance with AD
- 3 years' experience in troubleshooting laptop and desktop issues in an Enterprise Environment
- 3 years' experience Microsoft Software Office Suite
Careers with Optum.
- Carrying/Lifting: Up to 70 lbs
- Repetitive Motion: Keyboard activity, telephone use, 10-key punch
- Visual Acuity: Required to view reports and computer monitor
- Climbing 6' ladder
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Technical Support. IT, Desktop Support, St Petersburg, FL, Optum, #RPO