Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This is an onsite, contract-to-hire opportunity in San Diego and no relocation assistance is available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support for kiosk devices via phone, email and ticket tracking.
- Help create and maintain technical documentation and assist the engineering and development teams on a variety of technical and maintenance tasks including testing, troubleshooting, and cleaning kiosks, equipment and work areas.
- Troubleshoot operator kiosk issues over the phone or email to either resolve or escalate problems in a timely manner.
- Follow troubleshooting procedures as per documented resolution steps.
- Maintain detailed tracking of tickets through the ticket management system.
- Create Part and Service Order requests to ensure orders are processed and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor kiosk portal to identify, respond, and resolve outages to maintain uptime at or above global targets.
- Develop “best practices” and knowledge base materials to improve self-service support options.
- Stay up to date with kiosk technology by working with the development team to troubleshoot and test new kiosk software and technology.
- Assist with moving, organizing and setting up office and laboratory.
- Hours are normally Mon-Fri 8 am to 4:30 pm PST, but morning shift starting at 6 am PST might be required.
- Weekend shifts may be required in the future.
- Potential need for travel in the future (5% - 20%).
Skills & Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical support environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience and willingness to create and maintain troubleshooting documentation.
- Experience using Customer and Ticket tracking software (Zoho Tickets/Netsuite preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity working with computer hardware as well as troubleshooting technical issues.
- Comfortable working with hands and lifting up to 35lbs.
- Comfortable using tools and cleaning equipment to maintain work areas.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner as well as being a trusted and accountable team member.
- Excellent time management skills making sure time is used to complete tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in IT or related field is preferred.
tags: customer support representative, tech support representative, tech support analyst, tech support engineer, technical support representative, technical support analyst, technical support engineer, helpdesk analyst, helpdesk technician, helpdesk representative, help desk analyst, help desk technician, help desk representative, device support, kiosk support, customer service representative