Provides repair of equipment, customer and technical support relating to computers, software and applications received from the Help Desk within the Division of Information Technology. Employee will be responsible for entering all users’ requests into the Call Tracking Database and also tracks and logs resolutions. Employee works on varied projects relating to systems administration and integration. Performance of the duties requires thorough knowledge of PC hardware design, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, and client server technology. Possess knowledge of MS Office Suite 2003 and 2007 and also have knowledge of the configuration and support of MS Outlook 2003 and 2007. Possess knowledge of MS/SQL and PC software specifications, additional in-house applications, strong interpersonal skills, and works independently.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides second level help desk support for the end users. Answers hardware and software related Help Desk inquiries from HABnet computer users; takes appropriate action for resolution of problems.
2. Provides technical support for a variety of local and network printers.
3. Responsible for logging all inquires into the Call Tracking system and provides follow up and resolutions relating to PC repairs, printer services, and help with software applications, etc.
4. Assists and instructs agency personnel on the use of software applications; provides technical support and /or training and performs troubleshooting for various application problems.
5. Works on varied projects involving the deployment of new computers and software.
6. Participates, under minimal supervision, on varied information system assignments.
7. Completes routine pro-active maintenance on HABnet equipment.
8. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters; translates technical guidance received from supervisor into usable information.
417 E Fayette StreetSuite 201 Baltimore, MD, 21202