- The Technical Support Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact for all support requests related to desktop and end-user computing, conference room A/V equipment, and junior system administration tasks.
- This person will demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills and a passion for working with a wide range of technologies. They will possess exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills and efficiently prioritize and resolve support requests while completing assigned project work to meet the needs of the business.
- This position is also known in the industry as Desktop Engineer, Helpdesk, Desktop Support Analyst, and End User Support Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly respond to and resolve end-user support requests via the ticketing system, phone calls, and other intake channels
- Escalate requests and incidents with accurate documentation to other IT groups and technicians and liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors as required
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user workstations, peripherals, conferencing equipment, printers, and end-user applications
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve a wide variety of complex computer and IT service issues
- Provide after-hours on-call support
- Set up A/V equipment and video conferencing software and host all-company meetings while providing live event support
- Maintain inventory of all IT equipment and place orders according to policy
- Monitor and remediate endpoint antivirus alerts
- Provide group and one-on-one training for end-users to increase adoption and utilization of the organization’s applications and technical services
- Perform junior system administrative tasks including adding/removing users, assigning rights and access, resetting passwords, etc.
- Assist with providing technical and procedural documentation for end-users as well as IT colleagues
- Serve as project lead or technical resource for IT projects including collaboration tool rollouts, process improvements, office moves, and technology improvements
- Perform other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience providing end-user support in a fast-paced corporate environment
- B.S. in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Certifications such as A+, MCP, CCNA are desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems, especially Windows 10
- Extensive hands-on desktop OS and application support experience involving but not limited to the Windows 10 operating system, Outlook, other Microsoft Office products, softphones, etc.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience including laptops, desktops, conferencing equipment, printers, and peripherals; excellent working knowledge of PC components
- System administration experience with Active Directory Users and Computers, Office 365, cloud telephony and VoIP solutions such as RingCentral, and file-sharing services such as Box required
- Experience working with a range of diagnostic utilities including Windows task manager, performance monitor, event viewer, and command-line utilities
- Experience resolving issues related to Windows networking including IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, and network interface configuration
- Experience with computer imaging and package deployment solutions
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to conduct research into and resolve a wide range of technical issues
- Eager to learn and implement new technologies
- Excellent listening skills; ability to quickly absorb and retain information
- Concisely communicates technical information in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- High attention to detail and excellent observational skills
- Process-oriented approach to completing routine tasks
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations
- Considers security best practices, business context, and other factors when executing tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
JSSI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
<>About JSSI. . .>
For over 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance support and financial services to the business aviation industry. The company offers hourly cost maintenance programs to manage the often unpredictable costs of operating virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines and auxiliary power units (APUs). JSSI is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, turboprops, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through its unique infrastructure of expert technical advisors.
JSSI’s portfolio of companies leverage this extensive technical knowledge, maintenance buying power and data to support every stage of the aircraft life cycle, from aircraft acquisition to disassembling and parting out the aircraft. JSSI Parts & Leasing sells aircraft parts, provides lease engines and APUs, and offers supply chain solutions as a service to large fleet operators. Additionally, JSSI’s technical experience and global reach powers a complete range of consulting and digital services utilized by operators, aircraft brokers, and service providers across the industry.
In 2020, JSSI was recognized as a US Best Managed Company.
Other JSSI services:
•JSSI Parts & Leasing provides aircraft parts, leasing and supply chain solutions. An extensive inventory of over 25,000 aircraft parts, engines and APUs is available across multiple makes and models of commercial and business jets, turboprops and helicopters. A qualified global vendor network sources additional assets for anything that flies.
•JSSI Advisory Services utilizes JSSI’s technical expertise and global network to inspect aircraft, perform ASA-certified appraisals, assist with maintenance cost planning, manage maintenance events, audit invoices, and provide insurance claims management.
•Conklin & de Decker enables aircraft owners and operators to make more informed decisions. More than 35 years of objective and impartial data powers digital tools to analyze aircraft ownership options with the most accurate performance and comparison data available, review critical state tax information, and streamline MRO business processes and track maintenance with Aerotrac software.