Technical Support Tier 1/2 employees play a key role in the customer support function. As Technical Support you are expected to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and a customer service focus for a wide variety of technologies and applications.
This support extends to both dedicated hardware and virtualized solutions.
Technical Support Tier 1/2 employees play a key role in the customer support function. As Technical Support you are expected to demonstrate strong technical knowledge and a customer service focus for a wide variety of technologies and applications. Technical Support Tier2 employees play a key role in the overall satisfaction level of our customers.
This support extends to both dedicated hardware and virtualized solutions. Key Responsibilities:
- A Technical Support Tier1/2 employee responds to and resolves customer tickets that include questions, requests for services and technical troubleshooting.
- Work as part of a team of skilled professionals that together deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Be the Hands and feet for the team- anything plugged into the network - contractor will be working on. Infrastructure - provide hands and feet to understand basics in the onsite environments.
- Identify and resolve technical issues. Be willing to investigate, learn, and ask questions
- Provides on-site support to end-users on a variety of issues.
- Managing and troubleshooting Windows OS / Server environments
- Managing, troubleshooting, and deploying printers
- Identifying and troubleshooting networking issues
- Using ticketing software and IT support tools
Must Have - Job Requirements: Education:
Some college-level training with specialized course work in computer science, personal computer operations or related subject; and A+ and one other technical certificationExperience:
2-5+ years work experience involving computer hardware/software at a technical level. Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency with operating systems, business applications, and computer hardware platforms.
- Ability to detect, diagnose, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Ability to analyze and assess customers' service request and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Knowledge in firewalls and networking (Switches/Routers) - will have access to get add'l support if needed
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Azure AD and SSO
- Customer service skills and trouble-shooting skills.
- Need experience with all equipment attached to the desktop; printers; some experience with switches and routers - can call for additional support
- Printers - Xerox
- Microsoft Suite; initial troubleshooting and can escalate.
- MAC support - would be a plus
Qualifications/Certifications - Desired
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds - standard PC, etc.
- Must have valid driver license
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize. Must possess a sense of urgency
- Complete tasks with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet customer needs in a timely fashion
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- A+ Certification or equivalent
- Network +
- CCENT Certifications and/or equivalent
- ITIL Foundations or Equivalent Certification a plus