Job#: 1258741 Job Description:
The Technical Support Center (TSC) Technician I will resolve customer troubles. This role requires a person that is highly responsive, customer focused, and enjoys helping customers and team members. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success and is driven to understand the root cause of an issue, repair it, and follow up with the customer to ensure their issues are fully addressed. We are looking for an experienced and energetic team member who will aspire to provide the best customer experience possible. The right candidate for this role will: have deep telecommunications technical support experience, be passionate about providing world-class technical support; be a great mentor for team members; collaborate across teams; and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Work with team to provide our customer(s) the best experience possible
- Ensure appropriate and timely communications are provided to internal and external customers
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and trouble resolution
- Provide frontline support on customer phone calls
- Lead assigned projects and issues to prompt and verifiable resolution
- Be comfortable managing difficult or emotional customer situations
- Will solicit customer feedback to improve their experience
- Researches and self-educates on new or unfamiliar technologies, protocols, and applications
- Contributes to the creation of process, policy and job aids for the team so that they may best support and troubleshoot customer issues
- Communicates effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with both customers and internal team members
- Provide escalation support of critical customer issues for the Tier I TSC Technicians
- Complete follow-up on all issues and items
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Assesses team strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- External Working Relationships - Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 years related technical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry certifications including ITIL, CCNP, CCVP, SIP School Certified, or equivalent is a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of; Internet Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Inventory Software; Order Processing Systems; Project Management Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (gmail); Presentation software (PowerPoint); VoIP analytics software; SSH/Telnet Clients.
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Broadsoft, Sonus SBCs, ACME SBCs, Empirix, Cisco, Adtrans, messaging (sms/mms), and enterprise sip trunking
- Possess strong analytical, technical, and customer skills and be able to effectively multitask, working on several customer or network issues simultaneously.
- Customer service and technical repair are critical functions within the TSC and can ultimately impact the TSC's ability to meet customer expectations potentially impacting corporate revenues and crucial customer relationships.
- Detailed technical skills and knowledge of network equipment, including but not limited to SONET, DWDM, Asynchronous, and other fiber optic electronics equipment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Ethernet and TCP / IP networks. Ability to solve complex technical problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent communications skills to interact with customers, contractors and internal organizations to solve customer and network problems.
- Flexible with working hours in order to accommodate customer maintenance windows, customer schedule, customer escalations
- Must be self-motivated and a quick learner with strong communication skills
- Must be able to work in and enjoy a fast-paced environment and be driven to achieve results while maintaining the ability to effectively work with others
- Understanding of IP network architecture and concepts
- Knowledge or experience with VoIP protocols and concepts
- Knowledge or experience with telecommunications voice networks, protocols, and concepts
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org