Resp & Qualifications SUMMARY
: Responsible for managing the software testing, enterprise test strategy, test automation framework, test data strategy, test environment utilization, and test infrastructure initiatives across all functions within the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association’s Federal Employee Program. Provides leadership and planning to ensure resources are utilized appropriately to meet the company's strategic objectives. Provides support to other testing teams to define standard practices, tools, and skill set requirements.
The TTM is responsible for the strategic and tactical planning for the manual and automated testing efforts, test data and any foundational initiative to support them. Acting as the leader of this team, the TTM is responsible for managing, designing, and coordinating software testing methodologies, capabilities, and services, while also building and maintaining the framework to automate as a service to the whole testing organization. The TTM will also support and enhance the tools used by the teams and identify opportunities for new ones to increase our efficiency. The TTM will direct staff by assisting with test system methodology and design approach, recommending alternative techniques and providing mentoring related to primary areas of responsibility. The TTM will be responsible for budget and resourcing.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general direction of the Director, Quality Development/SBPASC, the TTM will:Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and manage our overall testing strategy across all our initiatives, including our automation approach and framework requirements. Oversee development of our automation framework to support testing organization. Identify test data needs for progression, regression, positive and negative scenarios. Support DevOps iniative, providing automated smoke and shakeout tests for continuous delivery.
- Manage the system integration testing for CBP and other NextGen products, providing the business and technology expertise to ensure efficient test practice, minimize defect leakage.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in advanced and emerging testing, test management, and quality methodologies, life cycles, and tools. Investigate and execute RFI and RFP process to acquire new tools or replace existing ones as required by our Agile transformation and efficiency gains.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the testing team, prioritizing projects and ensuring commitments are met providing high quality and cost effective systems, while meeting (internal and external) customer expectations.
- Provide knowledge and support in conjunction with the FEPOC senior management staff to assist the Quality Development Director in department strategic planning.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in emerging technologies in order to provide corporate vision and oversight of the current environment to offering recommendations enabling CareFirst to maintain a competitive edge in the managed care marketplace.
• Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, Math, etc.) or directly related equivalent experience
• Must have 10+ years of hands-on systems testing, programming, validation and verification including 5+ years of technical management experience, in a development, architecture, systems testing and/or support discipline, including managing and scheduling resources and budgets
• Must have relevant architecture experience and/or experience with legacy system integrations
• Experience developing business solutions for large scale transaction systems using an architecture-driven development approach leveraging reusable components and services.
• Experience leading and mentoring highly skilled technical professionals and can lead design efforts if necessary.
• Background in creating multi-year application roadmaps, strategies and plans, and presenting to senior management and customers for approval and funding
• Experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization
• Experience with applications support of multiple operating systems and environments
• Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc)
• Experience in automated testing and test automation framework development
• Experience with DevOps practices
• Experience with programming languages and technology layers (Web Services, ETL, etc)
• Experience working with multiple tools, including but not limited to test management, Agile management, test automation, defect tracking, configuration management, word processing, and metrics analysis tools
• Ability to engage in continuous learningSkills:
• Strong technical management, service-oriented architecture concepts, and system design skills. Prior experience with technologies or systems related to the department’s core activities. Proven ability to budget, organize and manage large technical teams made up of associates and contractors. Must be able to set priorities and multi-task between many simultaneous strategic projects and day-to-day production and maintenance related activities. Must be able to coach, develop, and motivate associates.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to consult with external customers and manage customer relationships and expectations. Experience with large-scale systems implementation projects, preferably in all phases of the systems development life cycle. Experience in collaborative team leadership.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.Preferred:
• Broad knowledge of BCBS business, system, and operational processes. Experience with both mainframe and multi-tiered web applications. Strong background in service-oriented architectures, object-oriented design, integration patterns, web services and design and development tool sets.Department
Test Strategy, ArchitectureEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 11/20/2019Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship