We are seeking candidates with the ability to describe technical concepts and present them to technical and non-technical persons in a clear, professional and concise manner in both oral and written forms. The selected candidate should have the ability to rapidly assimilate and adapt materials and training methodologies to a diverse learning audience using adult learning principles.
The Technical Trainer role is responsible for designing and developing learning and communication materials in a variety of media and delivery methods, including both instructor-led and e-learning to support projects and other initiatives. The Technical Trainer role will work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify specific training and communication needs and develop solutions to help ensure that new business processes and systems are adopted with minimal impact to daily production. This role creates and analyzes assessments to evaluate learning effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities. The role may also deliver a portion of the training, and will provide train-the-trainer assistance on other training engagements.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
The Technical Trainer will:
- Partner with project teams to design training curricula and programs, considered moderately complex in nature, and to formulate a strategy for the delivery of this curriculum.
- Deliver instructor-led training on an as-required basis.
- Identify opportunities within the firm for implementation of training programming.
- Design evaluation strategies to validate that learning outcomes are achieved.
- Consult with managers and various team members to develop individual training program goals, overall program objectives, and module objectives. Ensure training is focused on increasing the capability of employees to perform in their job.
- Conduct train-the-trainer sessions.
- Perform other duties and work on other projects as required.
- Develop individual training program goals, overall program objectives and module objectives.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc. Designing is created for traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules or a blend of approaches.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, developing, delivering & evaluating instructional design programs.
- 1-3 years’ experience with e-learning technology, such as Camtasia and Adobe Captivate.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design techniques & customer service concepts
- Advanced computer (most recent versions of all MS Office products) & Internet skills as well as experience w/ online collaboration, project management & Web tools
- Strong process & project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage to priorities, organize & plan work to satisfy established timeframes
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously
- Experience interviewing developers, testers, and users to produce accurate and clear documentation
- Ability to quickly understand technical subject matter
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Excellent written and oral communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrate professional and technical writing skills
- Superb interpersonal skills, including effective listening, conflict management and providing feedback
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Preferred: Experience with core financial service applications, online banking and call center training, Salesforce, or other CRM system.