VMD is seeking a Technical Writer - Analyst to support our software development work at Department of State (DoS). This person will be required to work in our Arlington, VA office at Ballston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive technical writing support to assist Project Leads to maintain all lifecycle documentation
- Gathering, analyzing, translating, and composing technical information into clear readable forms to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Creating and maintaining various project and user documentation including functional requirements, design documents, user guides, style guides, publishing standards, etc.
- Supporting the development, review, and editing of new or existing documentation or artifacts for final delivery, publication, or dissemination
- Delivering high-quality technical documentation for software application technologies
- Assisting in analyzing and generating monthly program reports
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years' experience technical writing and analysis, within software development
- Must be able to relate well with technical SMEs for input
- Strong writing, organizational, attention to detail, analysis, and communication skills
- Knowledge of business and requirements concepts
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Department of State experience is a plus
- Experience with ALM tool (e.g., CLM, Jira) is a plus
- Active Secret Security Clearance, required