Job Description Title:
Technical Writer, Mortgage (Technical Writer III, Professional)Location:
San Antonio, TX / Lake Mary, FL/ REMOTEWhat does a great Technical Writer do?
The role of Technical Writer will be responsible for producing high-quality professional documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products and business. You will enjoy combining your writing skills with your passion for technology. Your responsibilities will largely revolve around developing release notes, user and administration guides, installation guides, help files, quick reference guides, and mechanisms for their delivery. You will be involved in researching product tickets to explain critical knowledge in a clear and concise manner and work with the product development and business teams to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
We are seeking someone comfortable researching new technologies, studying how to use them, embedding release notes and help files in various written and online formats for internal and external use, specifically to deliver information to clients.Required Skills/ Job description:
- Technical Writer to produce and manage Release Notes for Mortgage Director and Originate Mortgages products, including creating and updating product guides, user and administrator manuals, job aids, mapping documents and other product documentation as needed.
- Comprehends technical specification documents with the purpose to convert that information into client-facing work such as release notes, help files, instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions in collaboration with other associates.
- Provides a logical and clear communication to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension; writes and proofreads easy-to-understand user interface text and online help.
- Analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Pursues department and corporate standards for communicating to clients.
- Adheres to the Microsoft Manual of Styles and Standards andwriting standards while working on multiple documentation projects.
- Researches and builds knowledge aboutproducts, services, technology, or concepts to be detailed.
- Collaborates with domain experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation needs.
- Ensures technical accuracy and writing quality, readability, and consistency across the documentation set. Supports a tradition of continuous improvement, enriches, and extends
documentation to continue to adapt and evolve with changing times.
Estimates, tracks, plans, and prioritizes projects assigned; meets target established by team.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Communications, English, Computer Science or a related field preferred or 4 years of equivalent years of experience
Min of 2 years of Technical Writing experience required
Experience with Microsoft Word
Experience with Madcap Flare or similar authoring tools
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
Certification in Technical Writing
Experience working in a Content Management System (CMS)
Experience with Agile methodologies
Experience using source control to manage projects
Knowledge of online help concepts and understanding of indexing concepts
Excellent writing and editing skills
Professional written and verbal communication skills
Customer focused approachTravel required: 0-5%
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com