Amick Brown is seeking a Technical Writer for the Department of Interior.
Duration: 1 year – extendable to 5
Location: Reston, VA / Lakewood – CO
Start Date: November 1, 2018
- Support written communications within all divisions of the government entity.
- Create technical, functional and project documentation, planning documents, project schedules, status reporting, release notes, formal presentations and customer communications
- Confer with government resources to determine subject material to be developed for publication and identify technical writing standards and use these inputs to create original written deliverables
- Complete writing assignments to ensure optimal presentation for the intended audience in accordance with government standards
- Deliver writing assignments in a manner that show clarity, conciseness and appropriate style
- Edit, standardize, format, and/or make changes to material prepared by other personnel
- Develop charts, diagrams and graphics where necessary
- At least 5 years of experience as a Technical Writer in a complex IT Environment in government sector
- Strong experience in gathering technical material through meetings, documents, and other sources and creating a formal written document with a consistent format, style, and presentation.
- Ability in editing materials created by others for grammar, clarity, and presentation format.
- Experience in utilizing and creating applications with Google Docs, Sheets, Sites, Forms and Slides.
- Ability to take technical and functional system changes and translate benefits into end-user friendly release notes.
- Expertise in utilizing Microsoft Office software tools;
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Google Slides and Google Docs.
- Power user experience with VersionOne and Tableau report visualizations.
- Good communication skills, teamwork and ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
Amick Brown is an SAP Services Partner and provides a full range of consultancy services to support all SAP technology implementations. We offer strategy, blueprints, implementation, integration, upgrades, and post go-live support. We also provide On-Demand Support Services and staffing for single projects through major infrastructure renovation. Additionally, we provide Network, Broadband and Help Desk support in complex environments. Amick Brown has been listed on the San Francisco Business Times list of the Fastest Growing Private Companies for the last two years in a row.
Amick Brown is always looking for highly skilled professionals to join our growing team. When considering candidates, we take into account your goals and interests as well as your skills, talents, and experience. We know it’s important to be able to advance in any position, which is why we work carefully with you to develop your career plans and then set you up to achieve your goals. We strongly believe that our success is due to the outstanding talent and dedication of our employees and consultants, and in return, we hope to give you the opportunity to experience a great career with us.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following Amick Brown provided benefits:
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance