Job#: 1243246 Job Description:
Apex Systems is looking to hire for a Technical Writer in support of a large federal program. This position provides wonderful growth opportunity and job security with a long-term contract agreement. If interested, please send over your resume to email@example.com and the best for us to chat! Position
: Technical WriterLocation
: Joint Base Andrews, MDDuration
: Long Term ContractClearance
: Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Government DoD Secret clearance as a condition of employmentSummary
Position opening for a Technical Writer will support the 844th communications Group at three locations to include; Joint Base Anacostia Bolling (JBAB), Joint Base Andrews (JBA) and the Pentagon. The qualified candidate will consult with engineering and technical staff to prepare technical and end user documentation for software. Addition to developed and promote the adoption of documentation templates for system, database, and program information. This role will function as a primary writer-responsible for deliverables of substantial scope and complexity.
The technical writer will be responsible for working closely with senior management, the engineering team, and other subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop policies, processes, and standard operating procedures that demonstrate compliance with standards, and best practices. The Technical Writer will be responsible for determining the types of documentation needed, developing solid templates, gathering requirements, compiling content, and writing clear, comprehensive deliverables that also align with the company's mission.Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users.
- Meet with stakeholders and subject matter experts to clarify requirements, priorities, and timelines
- Assist in planning, scheduling and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Identify type(s) of documents needed to meet requirements
- Develop solid templates
- Conduct interviews with key personnel and other stakeholders in support of content generation
- Compile, draft, and edit documentation as applicable to create final deliverables
- Coordinate, track, and control input, versions, and revisions
- Ensure all content is consistent in tone and messaging and aligned with customer's expectations
- Weekly time and status reporting to confirm project status and record challenges or delays.
- Bachelor's Degree (English, Communications, Technical Writing or Technology Management, or related/relevant discipline).
- 7+ years writing a variety of technical writing instruction manuals and how-to guides
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and translate them into clear and easy to understand content
- Strong team player
- Expert-level experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using PowerPoint and Visio
- Work alongside engineers to create technical design, operations, maintenance, & drawing documents for existing and future systems
- Create new and update any legacy documents already developed
- Use engineering documentation, operator and maintenance manuals, logistics data, and direction from senior engineers to create, write, revise, standardize, edit, review, and finalize documents
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org