About us: CH Reynolds is looking for a competent Technical Writer for a client located in San Francisco, CA. Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions.
This person will work with the Infrastructure Operations Manager to:
- Design and write software and hardware online content, online help, release notes, technical notes, and other miscellaneous deliverables
- Create document plans for each project you are assigned and track your schedule and progress
- Conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts in various groups (IT Engineering, Voice and Networking, Business Productivity, Media Productions, Regional IT, and Operations) to gain an understanding of the features and functionality being documented.
- Work with developers, testers, new product engineers, product management, program management, marketing, and sales to gather all the information needed to fully comprehend and write the required content.
- Work with the IT Engineer intake team and IT Operations team on key projects and maintain a backlog of documentation to be written.
- Write Knowledgebase articles and process articles written by other authors in the Knowledgebase
- Process feedback left by users and by peers on knowledge articles. Maintain the queue of feedback and assign feedback to authors. Drive to conclusion.
- Work with the IT team to adopt Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) and create resources for training and quick reference
Most Critical Skills (Must Have Skill Sets)
- BA or BS degree in Technical Publications, English, or related degree
- 3+ years technical writing experience (preferably in the High Tech industry)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, customer service oriented
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Experience in large, complex IT, Technology, or Networking infrastructure.
- Working technical knowledge of JIRA is a must.
- Understanding of Knowledge Centered Support (KCS)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment