The Engineering Technical Writer will use technical knowledge to develop internal and external documentation. Responsibilities will data collection, collaboration across teams, writing, layout and publication. This role works proactively to capture and document knowledge; create guides, release notes and documentation. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, strong time management, technical knowledge and organizational skills and refined attention to detail. The Technical Writer must also be a problem solver, comfortable working independently and have strong time and project management skills.
- Create and maintain articles that document current systems and process (mostly from tribal knowledge).
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to develop usable user stories; with software developers and project managers to develop user information, release notes and other documentation; and with technical experts on integration product documentation.
- Publish documentation and articles for internal and external customers. Maintain database and archive of documents.
- Work with Marketing and Training Specialists to determine overall technical information strategy and assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in technical writing or equivalent experience.
- 5+years technical writing in a software development environment.
- Some familiarity with accounting or payment industry and experience in creating the role of technical writing function preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with current publishing options.