CoStar Real Estate Manager is leading Software as a Service Provider, (SaaS), to the Real Estate Industry. This product line of CoStar Group has been in business since 1999 and has developed a client base of some of the largest corporations in the USA and Europe, who manage thousands of locations around the world. Please visit our website at: www.costargroup.com to learn more about our company.
Faced with pressure to -do more with less,- organizations rely on strategy and analytics to make the best decisions and optimize their real estate investments. CoStar Real Estate Manager helps corporations, retailers, restaurants, landlords and commercial real estate service providers build world-class real estate operations by providing integrated solutions that eliminate information "silos" and consolidate information across business units. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., CoStar maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe with a staff of approximately 3,500 employees worldwide.
We are looking to add a Technical Writer to the CoStar Real Estate Manager team to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, consultants and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with the product management team to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
The candidate will be able to take complex concepts and tools and simplify them down into client facing documentation as well as more technical internal documentation. This candidate will also take the existing documentation and update it to be user-friendly and consistent. They will be prepared to make recommendations for what documentation should exist and how it can be updated and managed easily.
* Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
* Working with internal teams on product and documentation requirements
* Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
* Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
* Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
* Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
* Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
* Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
* 3+ years working in technical writing of software product documentation
* Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
* Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
* Excellent written skills in English
* Strong attention to detail
* Knowledge of current tools and best practices for documentation
* Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
* Understanding of basic accounting
* Knowledge of the commercial real estate industry
* Experience with multi-lingual documentation
* Experience with creating help video content
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing