DMI (Digital Management, LLC.), the world's first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company's unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com and on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook , and Instagram . About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Data Center Hardware Technician III (must have an active Top Secret Clearance)
to support a government customer. This position is in support of a federal government customer's infrastructure and data center services. As a whole, the team supports thousands of virtual, physical, and cloud based servers, services, and backup and storage devices; hardware and software platforms; physical and virtual server and desktop images; enterprise patching, storage, refresh, and other initiatives. Specifics of this position are outlined below:
Develop written information about computing systems that aid in their development, use, and support. Outputs include a range of documents such as technical specifications and operations manuals to be read and utilized by both technical and non-technical personnel across all departments. The Technical writer will be an active team player, working closely with the project manager, business analyst, software engineers, hardware engineers, network engineers, and other members of the project team. The Technical Writer is responsible for the documentation of technical processes and procedures, maintaining project documentation, and producing technical training materials. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions; make edits to documentation, standardize the documentation and/or make changes to material prepared by other writers or program personnel.
- Organize materials and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Analyze IT project requirements to determine types of documents needed and listed in Section 14.0 (Engineering Documentation).
- Collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
- Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of formal document work products, including technical specifications, data dictionaries, user guides, user manuals, training materials, user policy, and proposals for both print and electronic media.
- Liaise with printers, graphics, and content contributors to plan layout, graphical elements, and formatting of documents.
- Obtain approvals for final documents to ensure they are usable and meet quality standards.
- Contribute work plans, and other formal project deliverables relative to project initiatives.
- Manage assigned daily project functions and client interactions to include feedback and changes from client interactions.
Location and other information:
- Minimum of 4 years of technical writing experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance required (Interim TS clearance may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Minimum of bachelor's degree preferred
- IT background preferred
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Extensive writing skills regarding information technology systems and information technology architecture.
- Ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content, and style of writing.
- Ability to make IT presentations to all levels of audiences.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite application skills to include MS Visio, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
US Citizen Physical Requirement(s):
Working at DMI
- The nature of the Hardware Engineer duties have some physical demands such as pulling, cabling, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.
- Required to lift IT equipment during installation and removal along with installing communications cabling under a raised floor
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds for short periods of
- Use cable termination equipment, test equipment, power tools (sawzall, drill, crimping tools, ) for the tasks as required for the position.
- Use tools to include wrenches, screwdrivers, and power tools
- Operate manual forklifts and data center rack lifts as required for the tasks for the
- Wear safety gear (e.g. safety shoes, goggles, glasses, hearing protection) while performing
D MI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.