Gotham Technology Group, LLC. is a leading full service IT solutions company seeking a Technical Writer for our corporate office in Montvale, NJ.
Gotham Technology Group, LLC. is in the business of providing guidance and direction to IT professionals. With sales offices in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City, and Philadelphia, Gotham serves clients based throughout the Northeastern United States, and delivers goods and services across the globe. Gotham has built its business and reputation on long-term client relationships, leveraging:
-More than 15 years experience providing technology solutions to Fortune 500 companies
-Highly skilled technical staff
-Vendor partnerships with leading technology firms
-A defined project management methodology
Gotham is professional, cost-effective, and accessible at all times to ensure the greatest productivity and success for our clients. Using our Best Practices methodology, we improve and optimize our clients’ infrastructures, processes, and procedures while lowering their overall costs.
Primary Responsibilities to include:
- Project Deliverables - Proofread and revise project documents (design, as-built, etc.) to ensure clarity and completeness of information presented. Beyond correcting errors and reformatting documents, the technical writer will look for ways to improve the documentation, e.g., improving layouts or reorganizing information.
- Templates and document management - the technical writer will work with appropriate subject matter experts to develop and maintain templates for project deliverables and pre-sales documents (statements of work, etc.). The technical writer will also assist in managing SharePoint-based document management.
- Marketing and Social Media - contribute to social media efforts (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog, Facebook); provide communications assistance to marketing department.
- Other - provide general communications assistance as needed, e.g., proofreading, converting documents, developing presentations.
- Four + years in a technical writing or corporate communications role. Experience with technology, either hands-on, or as a technical writer or trainer.
- Strong writer and editor. Must be able to draw information from SMEs and present in appropriate, clear, concise fashion for technical and business audiences. Must be able to edit (re-write if necessary) documentation written by technical staff.
- Must be very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Adobe Creative suite experience desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Communications, or related discipline OR equivalent work experience.