Genesis10 is currently seeking a Technical Writer III with our client in the SEO industry in their Mountain View, CA location. This is a 12 month + contract position.
* Seeking a Technical Writer III
* Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon
* As a technical writer for internal engineering content, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, writing code walkthroughs, documenting APIs, or updating existing documents
* You will also be managing a large number of documentation sets, mobilizing engineers to write content, and organizing large sets of documentation:
* The internal engineering docs team document platform, frameworks, libraries, and tools used by engineers to create web and mobile apps, such as Gmail, Google+, and Google Docs
* Manage large and complex documentation projects, collaborate with engineers to create content, and drive a culture of documentation in various engineering teams
* Organize information in an easily discoverable, coherent, and intuitive fashion
* Learn complex technical information and create well-written technical documentation for the engineers, such as architectural overviews, tutorials for software developers, debugging guides, API programming guides, and more
* BA/BS degree (Manager is open to area of study) or 6 years of writing development guides
* Succinct and elegant communication style
* 3+ years of experience working with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
* 1 year of experience writing developer guides
* Skilled at understanding intended audience (existing clients, prospective clients) and adjusting document style and structure appropriately to meet contextual goals
* Familiarity with HTML and CSS
* Strong collaboration and project management skills
* Highly motivated and self-directed
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
* Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
+ Proven track record of researching and writing effective documentation for engineers; experience writing for internal audiences
+ Proficiency in a Unix environment
* Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement - project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V"