Impact Consulting Solutions is an information technology consulting and full time placement company. Our clients range from small local businesses to Fortune 500 Corporations.
Exciting opportunities currently exist for Information Systems professionals. If you are looking for career advancement, new technologies, and the money you deserve, we are the firm for you. We take pride in our ability to match the individual with the right job. Our promise is to provide you with the best financial and career opportunities available.
Our client located in the Pittsburgh, PA area is looking to hire a Technical Writer with the following skills:
Job Summary: A Technical Writer is needed for a Client Product Owner team. The ideal candidate will be skilled at participating in JAD (Joint
Application Development) sessions; writing, reviewing and formalizing business requirement documents; and comfortable interacting with both customers
and technical staff.
• Review requirements and user stories to understand and document upcoming enhancements to software applications.
• Interview subject matter experts in the business to assess documentation needs and content.
• Work with internal software development teams to keep apprised of upcoming enhancements to software application features and functionality
• Create and maintain user guides, what’s new guide and release notes for sprint cycle and major releases of software in print and online help
• Illustrate content using screen capture software
• Develop. organize and write topic based content
• Proofread and edit content for accuracy, spelling and grammar
• Communicate software application problems and issues to Product Owners
• Effectively report status of documentation request and project and communicate project activity to others in a professional and timely fashion
• Deliver quality content that requires writing, editing, organizing and designing technical content with minimal supervision on time.
• Experience with help authoring tools is required. Experience with Mad Cap Flare desired.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Comfortable working independently and taking the initiative to investigate and resolve issues
• Bachelor's degree or 5 years of related experience
• Microsoft Office suite tools
• Strong writing examples
• Documenting interfaces between teams
• Knowledge of professional or technical writing standards
• Healthcare experience
• Experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management or other Requirements Management tool
• Experience or knowledge of SDLC processes.
• Experience gathering and writing use cases and customer requirements