Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Perspecta has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Writer to support a program for the USSOMC. The Technical Writer will:
- Document current capabilities and shortfalls based off software expertise, hardware, training, and manpower.
- Document shortfalls of current Incident Response plan and Use Cases
- Document shortfalls of current SIEM architecture.
- Document manpower estimate by task identified in the analysis to maintain Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS)/ Virtual Data Center Security Stack (VDSS).
- Publish SOPs and work instructions for operations and maintenance tasks associated with VMSS/VDMS capabilities for each IL and vendor.
- Publish a training and certification plan for personnel supporting VMSS/VDSS and CSSP responsibilities in each IL and vendor cloud as defined by SOCOM J6.
- Document CND use cases for CSSP personnel supporting SOCOM clouds.
- Publish proposed training schedule and timeline for each skillset gap identified.
- Document the proposed optimal VMSS/VDSS optimal architecture and data flows back to the SIE from the cloud vendors, and information flow to the SOCOM SIEM.
Requires High School level plus some specialized training. 6+ years of experience.
• Minimum 6 years' experience as a Technical Writer
• Minimum of High School Diploma
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Robust analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent communications skills
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and first-rate writing skills
•Minumim Public Trust Required, Minimum Secret Desired
Additional Capabilities Required:
• Possesses a thorough understanding of cybersecurity related technical subject matter, documentation, and requirements
• Develops high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is easy-to-use and understand
• Experience documenting cloud architectures and technologies. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).