Job Title: Technical Writer Level 2
Location: Blue Ash, OH (Remote for now)
Duration: 6+ Months
No. of Positions: 1
Job Description: The technical writer will document and diagram all processes and workflows of Windows imaging and maintenance, including: imaging, driver injection, group policies, drive management, etc.
Additional responsibilities may include surveying end users to discover new reports and documenting enhancement requests and/or support documentation related to Windows 10.
Recommended technical skills include: strong technical writing skills including familiarity with English grammar and various style guides, proficiency with diagramming software, and a history of writing OS imaging process documentation.
- Enhance and maintain user documentation for tools and applications
- Develop on-line source documentation as needed
- Maintain documentation libraries
- Identify, create, revise and maintain document templates
- Ensure appropriate control/access to documents and templates
- Ensure content and format is consistent across all documentation
- Complete documentation services requests as needed
- Collaborate across Technology and Business team partner with the appropriate teams to expedite issue resolution and manage to SLAs.
- Determine procedures for version control
- Assist other Technical Writers as needed
- Educate Technical and Business groups on the need for standard documentation
- Make recommendations on documents needed by technical teams
- Identify and initiate continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop measurable and realistic work plans
- Provide time estimates for projects