Job Title: Technical Writer Manager Or Content Manager
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Primary Skills: Technical Writing, Frame Maker, Adobe PDF, Video Creation, Wiki, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia
- 10-15 years (max) industry experience in Technical Writing
- At least 4+yrs experience in technical leadership role in leading team of technical writers
- Experience in setting up Technical COE (Centre of Excellence) would be a big plus
- Should be well versed in documenting User Manuals, Training Manuals, Installation Guides, Configuration Guides, Reference Guides for Business Workflows
- Should be well versed in Videos, Wiki Page, PowerPoint presentations
- Should be well versed in leading technical writing engagement initiatives
- Exposure to Supply Chain Management domain (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Inbound/Outbound Signals/ Supply Chain concepts
- Knowledge of Inventory, Order Management, Planning, Forecasting, Procurement, Logistics, etc
- Work as lead for technical team
- Writing Doc Plans
- Driving stakeholder Meetings
- Document Mining
- Document Tracking
- Technical Pitch for expansion among stakeholders
- Plan & monitor end to end documentation team deliverables like project manager.
- Exposure of any project management tool as good to have
- Should be able to drive and present the Technical Writing work across various business verticals
- Should be able to bring new ideas, innovations on the table to take technical writing to new levels
- Should be well versed in understanding Key touchpoints to extract “how” & “what” needed for documenting the workflow
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Co-ordinate with cross functional stakeholders to gather information and document the procedures
- Act as single point of contact to cater to documentation needs within and outside the business group
- Should have worked in the past to expand the footprint of the technical writing within and outside the business group
- Should be able to prepare and drive presentations depicting the technical writing work performed by team.
- Write Requirement documents that will be shared with remote teams for understanding the scope and execute deliverables
- Working experience and sound knowledge in video documentation tools such as Adobe Captivate and so on.
- Knowledge on other text-based authoring documentation tools, such as MS Office, Frame Maker, Adobe PDF etc applications.
- Should be willing to work onsite only.
- Any prior experience in documentation of Supply Chain Management domain would be a plus
- Any prior experience in setting up Technical Writing center of excellence group (nice to have)
- Ability to understand the stakeholders needs and document information based on that
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast paced work environment is critical for success
- Ability to prepare presentations, conduct road shows to reflect the work done by the team
- Must currently live in the SF Bay area or be willing to immediately relocate to the job location within two weeks
- Excellent communication & Analytical skills