Please note this is a 2 month contract position.
This Technical Writer position will provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers' business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers' businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Contribute to organization's profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development. Specialist: Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues. 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total). Demonstrate strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Technical expertise is sought after and provided to several projects/accounts. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of assigned technology and discipline area. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of corporate organization and policies. Advanced level business, technical, or functional knowledge. Education BD or equivalent experience Experience 5 to 8+ years.
Technical Writer Job Summary
• Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, or instructions.
• Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
• Write technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, marketing specifications.
• Meet with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publishers to establish technical specifications.
• Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples.
• Create user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
• Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
• Gather information on their subjects in libraries and on the web.
• Prepare charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough drafts.
• Ensure fields flow in the correct sequence.
• Write articles and reports on current trends in fields such as science and engineering.
• Write clear and concise policies and procedures.
• Edit industrial publications.
• Create table of contents and cite sources.
• Submit copies to managers for feedback.
• Adjust copy as necessary and proofread for grammar and spelling.
• Follow a life cycle called document development life cycle.
• Release the document following final approval.
• Conduct online tutorials.
• Provide updates and different editions as necessary.
• Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs.
Please reference job number 1377.
San Francisco, CAContact