National Candidates are OK send everything. Open to folks that will relocate for duration, can interview over Skype/Webex to make decision
Position Title: Technical Writer
Location: Dublin, CA
Duration: 12 months
Ideal Start Date: ASAP 08/26/2019
Position is 40 hours per week onsite NO REMOTE.
Process: First round phone interview with hiring manager for roughly 30 minutes. Can then move to second/final round onsite for locals or via Skype/Webex for nationals. This round will be 1.5 to 2 hours with hiring manager and 1-2 team members (most likely tech writers currently on staff)
Focus: Client needs a Technical Writer with background in medical device industry to plan, write, and edit customer-facing documentation for hard-copy, multimedia, and web based publications. Candidate will need to develop thorough understanding of the medical instruments and software applications to produce effective, well-written user manuals for doctors and clinicians to read and understand. Project involves migrating documents from Adobe Framemaker to Schema-ST4, another content management tool.
* Researches product specifications and interviews subject matter experts to produce user documents that conform to the company, regulatory, and quality standards.
* Independently leads multiple, concurrent customer-facing documentation projects and balances tight product schedules according to company priorities.
* Advocates for content reuse, streamlining processes and continual improvement.
* Manages localization for (up to 20) additional language aspects; exporting documents for translation, importing translated documents, and coordinating corresponding localized UI images.
* BA in Technical Writing, English, Journalism or equivalent experience required.
* Minimum of five years of technical writing experience producing customer-facing product documentation (User Guides or IFU, Online Help, Quick Start Guides, Installation Manuals, Release Notes, etc.).
* Five years (proven expertise) using Adobe FrameMaker to produce and maintain large documents (200+ pages) demonstrating proficiency in setting up and using master pages, complex cross-referencing, conditional text, content variables, glossaries and indexes.
* Interpersonal skills are HIGHLY IMPORTANT need someone outgoing, extroverted, interactive to collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams and gather requirements, feedback, etc.
* In-depth knowledge of DITA / XML / HTML / SGML coding, linking, and formatting concepts.
* Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and balance simultaneous projects adhering to tight schedules.
* Experience with any other Content Management Systems (CMS) (aside from Adobe FrameMaker) and document control.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience with Schema ST4 NOTE: This is highly desired, will entertain candidates without specific Scheme ST4 experience if they can ramp up quickly. Project involves migrating documents from Adobe Framemaker to Schema ST4, which is why this would be preferable.
* Experience using xMetal or Structured Framemaker.
* Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
* Experience using Adobe Acrobat server-hosted shared reviews.
* Experience producing multiple output, single-sourced document variants.
* Working knowledge of document development, organization, design principles, and style guide development.
2105 S Bascom Ave., Suite 255 Campbell, CA, 95008Contact