Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. Responsibilities
Position is in support of the U.S. Army CCDC C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB). Program objective is to address today's cyber threats by designing and deploying game-changing cyber defense capabilities that allow organizations to defend better, react faster, coordinate rapidly, prioritize efforts, and respond smarter to security events, increased risks, and/or operational directives.
Description: Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials. Translates complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic publications, such as technical journals, user and training manuals, government proposals, websites and podcasts. Gathers information through research, statistical reports and interviews with technical staff. Develops cataloging systems, and maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications. Assists in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums. May be called upon to assist in technical or business presentations in such meetings as business or customer needs require. Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives. Extensive knowledge of field. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Plans own work. Uses judgment within limits of standard practice. Only asks for supervision for unusual cases. Errors could affect other operating groups. May have day to day work coordination of others. A Technical Writer must have experience in explaining highly technical data and information in simplistic grade school language for end users of complex IT systems and projects. Must be able to use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools. Must have experience in being able to gather and convert data into a written narrative. Qualifications
1. High School diploma with 5 years of experience.
2. Requires active Secret clearance.
3. Experience applying concepts for technical writing based on engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources in a secure environment
4. Experience with Excel, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
5. Experience performing technical planning, system integration, verification & validation, technical writing, costs & risk and supportability and effectiveness analysis at the system level.
6. Experience with the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including release notes, product documentation web site, and product user manual. Writing and maintaining technical documentation to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creating and maintaining product user manuals and release notes.
7. Experience researching highly technical subject matter, organizing information from multiple sources, and expressing technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
8. Experience writing technical copy for various types of documents for the program or product.
9. Requires General User Information Assurance Technical Certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).