Our Fortune 500 client in Milwaukee, WI is looking for a Technical Writer to join their team immediately. If you are interested please reach out to
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
* Composes or updates material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance software and hardware.
* Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
* Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel; Reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computer based training or company technical products to gather and research technical information for use in more complex documentation.
* Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology, may maintain records and files of work and revisions, may select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material, assist in laying out material for publication, and arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
* Creates, compiles, and delivers more complex system/software developmental documentation packages from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
* Assists in creating project plan, etc. for completing documentation.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience .
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Thorough knowledge of information mapping concepts
* Skill in investigation and analysis
* Skill in preparation of written material
* Proficient with the following software: Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio); Adobe (Acrobat Professional, Robohelp) Gira & SharePoint
* Skill in business communication and training
* Skill in evaluation of documentation
* Skill in production and quality control
* Skill in publishing system operation
* Skill in understanding and focusing on the clients needs, establishing credibility and building relationships with clients
* Skill in editing writing for punctuation, syntax, and grammar
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or