Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn’t help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.
Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform – from the feed to the cow to the parlor – providing actionable intelligence that allows today’s dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.
VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem.
- Participate as a work-from-home member of the Engineering team document the company’s software applications.
- Work with all members of the Engineering team to understand and transform information into high quality documentation of products.
- Write clear, concise documentation to communicate everything the audience needs to know.
- Communicate highly technical information to an audience who is not familiar with the technical domain, or even to a non-technical audience.
- Documentation may also need to be translated into multiple other languages, so easy to understand English will be required.
- 2+ years Technical Writing experience
- Experience working within a remote working environment is a plus
- Experience with dairy related data is a big plus
- Experience in technical field (hardware/software)
- Experience with technical documentation tools such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or FrameMaker
- Ability to proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency, clarity, and quality within the document and across the documentation suite.
- Current experience with Windows, macOS, iOS
- Ability to interview subject matter experts (SME) and incorporate response into the documentation in a manner that is appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Experience working within the agile software development methodology.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and expand skill set into additional areas.
At VAS, we pride ourselves with being the leader in the dairy software industry, but another area we excel in is benefits to our employees.
- VAS offers competitive salary in the top percentile for our field.
- Generous medical, vision, dental and HRA plans. Premiums fully paid for by VAS.
- Fidelity retirement plan and profit share at 10% of your annual gross salary.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and school activity time.
- Opportunity to grow within chosen field.
Does this sound like a position you are interested in? Do you have what it takes to be a Software Developer and VAS team member? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your letter of interest with your resume.
We look forward to hearing all about you!