Sunnyvale, CA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Technical Writer with Networking Exp.
in Sunnyvale, CA
. If you are interested please share your profile @ email@example.com
or call me @ 610-619-6682
We are hoping to fill this position quickly. If you could email me at your earliest convenience, I look forward to speaking with you about this opportunity or at least connecting with you professionally.
Here is the job description for your review:
Role: Technical Writer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12 + Months
Technical Writer (Work Samples Required With Resume)
Top Skill: Experience in a Networking environment. (Programming understanding is important; but experience working in a Networking environment is more important; since group is Client Station).
Within Client Station, there is a great amount of technical documentation that has been defined in some form over the years.
As priorities have shifted and new directions set, no cleanup ever occurred and no holistic view of Knowledge Management was defined.
This has led to reams of outdated documentation and poor organizational structure.
We-d like to put together a framework for effective Knowledge Management that will allow us to be nimble and adapt to change rapidly.
This will include creating team sites, restructure existing documentation stores and defining and then executing a vision for Knowledge Management for Client Station.
The Technical Writer hired will be responsible for helping define and execute against vision.
Additionally, they will work with our network deployment team to produce external facing partner documentation for network infrastructure and in country Station deployments.
- Interact with Client Station teams, as well as contractors, vendors and external partners, to produce multiple types of professional writing (articles, white papers, solution docs, product/project related communications, etc.).
- Obtain information by interviewing and collaborating with Client Station Engineering, Product Management, UX, Strategy Operations, etc.
- Design information architecture for complex documentation sets.
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation gaps, and spearhead new projects.
- Publish in a variety of media and tools, including raw HTML, Javadoc, and g3doc. Edit, clarify, and enhance documents written by engineers and others.
- Work in UNIX/Linux and online environments within various revision control systems.
- Produce documents that can be understood by technical teams and prepare for external publication.
- Act as the designated contact for suggestions and updates to documents.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create, update and deprecate documentation across Client Drive Team Drive, g3doc, team sites and javadocs across multiple Client Station teams for ongoing and new Station efforts.
- Create product training materials and syllabi for external partners including ISPs and systems integrators.
- Define scalable and effective knowledge management frameworks with guidelines and audit processes.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS;
- proficiency in a UNIX environment.
- (Strong understanding is ok) MUST have worked in a Networking Environment before.
- (This is a MUST)! Experience planning, researching, writing and editing documents that need to be produced.
- Experience defining the overall structure of a documentation set.
- Experience in developing and managing procedures, contracts, requirements documents and engineering documents.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners and stakeholders.
Nice to have Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Technical Communication, Journalism or similar field.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Ability to understand technology (e.g., previous experience as an engineer or having successfully written about engineering and technology).
- Ability to write documents that capture engineering requirements and standard operating procedures and processes.
- Passionate attention to detail, willingness to work with both internal and external teams to produce the technical content for white papers, procedures and other documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Working at the crossroads of people and transformative technologies, The Judge Group delivers innovative business solutions - powered by top talent - to help organizations reach their strategic goals and realize opportunities now and in the future. The Judge Group is a leading professional services firm specializing in technology, talent, and learning solutions. Our services are successfully delivered through a network of more than 35 offices in the United States, Canada, China, and India. The Judge Group serves more than 40 Fortune 100 companies and is responsible for the placement of more than 4,500 professionals annually across a wide range of industries. To learn more, visit https://www.judge.com/
If you-re not entertaining new opportunities, no problem; definitely feel free to forward my info to your friends who might be interested. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com