Our client is a consortium of twenty-six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high-quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Our client’s facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five conventional water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.3 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
Currently they are seeking an immediate need for a Payroll Admin Analyst. This is a 6-months contract in Downtown LA and has the following responsibilities:
Payroll & PeopleSoft subject matter expert that will analyze current payroll system & processes. This position will help develop improvements & process changes to align with current law & CalPERS rules.
- The candidate must be a Payroll & People Soft (Subject Matter Expert) who’s savvy & excellent in communicating in this arena.
- The PR Admin Analyst will be working with (4) other people in a team environment however they will be looked upon as the go-to person to answer questions pertaining to Payroll, PeopleSoft and possibly Cal Pers. This person will spearhead departmental meetings with leadership audiences.
- Analytical & Detail Oriented Skills are a must.
- Cal Pers Knowledge or Experience is A+
This position will be a 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off).
- Define payroll management and user requirements.
- Develop & recommend improvement to payroll policies, procedures systems, resource allocations & organizational structures.
- Conduct and document payroll enterprise-wide process improvement.
- Act as project manager in payroll system review & possible re-implementation.
- Plan & coordinate IT project including developing scope, methodology, quality control measures, budget & schedule.
- Analyzes payroll & other statistical data.
- Act as procurement contract administrator resolving contractual disagreements, disputes & nonperformance problems related to payroll.
- Develop & implement communication plans & training; monitor and identify contract delinquencies or performance problems and implement methods for resolution and initiate contractual remedies.
- Serve as liaison and represent client as an expert in payroll with other Client’s staff and outside agencies.
- Performs other related Administrative Analyst job duties as required.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE (YOUR NAME HERE)
- Number of years’ experience as a Payroll Admin Analyst:
- Number of years’ experience with PeopleSoft:
- Number of years’ experience coordinating IT project including developing scope; methodology; quality control measure; budget & schedule:
- Number of years of experience or knowledge in CalPERS (MUST HAVE):
- Most significant recent accomplishment:
- Are you local to Downtown, LA or would you be willing to relocate at your own expense?
- Upon offer, are you willing to undergo a mandatory background investigation (DMV, Criminal, Education):
- Our client requires two recent references (1 supervisory), Please List with titles and Company’s:
- Availability from Offer:
- Hourly Rate: