Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees. Are you ready to join our team?SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Technology Director Cloud Architect is the experts responsible for the strategic approach and strategy for cloud-based applications, platforms, and infrastructure. This role will identify and ensure project and programs follow best practices for using cloud-based capabilities. In addition, the role will work with projects and programs to ensure cloud based SaaS and PaaS solutions meet the criticality levels required by the program. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for collaborating with Service and Business owners to create an architecture and technology plan to support one of more IT Services / Service Offerings. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following: (See Amendment)
- Collaborates with the peers and service owners to ensure service offering is consistent in process and spirit with the Service Offering
- Confers with IT Service Offering leader and direct reports to develop a plan to ensure architecture is driving technology plans and delivery of technology
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance. Implements organizational practices for staffing, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adoption of the strategy
- Regularly evaluate cloud capabilities ensuring that adequate guard rails are in place to ensure they are used appropriately by developers, projects as well as other architects and designers
- Work closely with IT security to ensure solutions are compliant with IT security policies and security best practices.
- Support IT Operations in developing forward looking cloud management capabilities
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Strong knowledge of AWS and a background in Azure are required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 11+ year's relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in business systems, development and/or support functions with a focus on Architecture and Technology Strategy.
- Client expectation management, Program management, Financial management and Technology product delivery experience is required.
- 11+ years of relevant technical and business managerial experience with 2 to 3 years leading an Architecture Practice.
- May require knowledge of one processes/services. Business experience should include assignments in multiple business and technical processes.
- Technical and/or ITIL, or equivalent Certifications
- Must have expert knowledge as described in amendment.
- Requires leadership experience in managing architecture teams and influencing executive level management and key stakeholders.
- Requires demonstrated ability to manage multiple architecture engagement and effectively plan and use staff to ensure the architecture view
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, or similar relevant field
- 13+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience working in large complex companies that heavily rely on real time 24x7 IT operations to successfully service external customers.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
105204 Posting Location(s):
District of Columbia Job Family/Function:
Information Technology Relocation Offered:
No Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology