Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees. Are you ready to join our team?SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Technology Director Network Architecture is responsible for providing Architecture leadership to ensure technology investments are in alignment with architectural guidelines and business strategy. This role will utilize education, guidance, and governance processes to maximize return on technology investment, and reduce time to capability, while minimizing operational costs.
The Technology Director Network Architect is responsible with architecting and designing data networks to support a broad range business missions ranging from traditional IP networks to cloud-based applications, and experience in architecting Operational networks. In addition, the Network Architect will have a strong understanding leading practices in designing highly secure networks with appropriate controls and technology to ensure networks remain resilient and measurable. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for collaborating with Service and Business owners to create an architecture and technology plan to support one of more IT Services / Service Offerings. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following: (See Amendment)
- Collaborates with the peers and service owners to ensure service offering is consistent in process and spirit with the Service Offering
- Confers with IT Service Offering leader and direct reports to develop a plan to ensure architecture is driving technology plans and delivery of technology
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals. Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance. Implements organizational practices for staffing, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention
- Develops the Future-State Network Architecture ensuring the solution reflects both Amtrak's strategy, leading practices and ensure it includes the appropriate security, redundancy, and resiliency
- Works with peers (e.g., Solution, business, information, solutions, and security architects) to analyze business context, as well as change requirements in other architecture viewpoints to derive the future-state technology architecture
- Leads the analysis of the current business and technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy, and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement and to determine their potential for impact on the enterprise
- Develops network architectures with an understanding of IT and OT networking utilizing best practices to support secure business outcomes
- Consults on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technology architecture to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 11+ year's relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in business systems, development and/or support functions with a focus on Architecture and Technology Strategy.
- Client expectation management, Program management, Financial management and Technology product delivery experience is required.
- 11+ years of relevant technical and business managerial experience with 2 to 3 years leading an Architecture Practice.
- May require knowledge of one processes/services. Business experience should include assignments in multiple business and technical processes.
- Technical and/or ITIL, or equivalent Certifications
- Must have expert knowledge as described in amendment.
- Requires leadership experience in managing architecture teams and influencing executive level management and key stakeholders.
- Requires demonstrated ability to manage multiple architecture engagement and effectively plan and use staff to ensure the architecture view
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management, or similar relevant field
- 13+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience working in large complex companies that heavily rely on real time 24x7 IT operations to successfully service external customers.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
105207 Posting Location(s):
District of Columbia Job Family/Function:
Information Technology Relocation Offered:
No Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology