Overview: One of our financial services clients is looking for a Business Technology Manager to manage the AML Applications team. If you are interested in applying, please email your resume to Anna Farizel at Title: Business Technology Manager - AML Applications Length: 6 month contract-to-hire Location: Remote (Client based in Cleveland, OH) Job Brief:
- Utilizes technical experience, business acumen, delivery and leadership skills to lead a team in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a set of interrelated technology applications meeting the technology and operational objectives of a line of business or function.
- Own, oversee, and drive the strategy of development, implementation, assessment, and support of multiple Fraud applications, their environments, and platforms.
- Coordinate and lead agile / waterfall project development teams, to design, develop and implement new enhancements, updates, and code fixes for applications within the Fraud domain.
- Work closely with Business Technology Managers, Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, production support teams, Quality Assurance teams and infrastructure teams to delivery projects successfully that meet the enterprise, risk, and compliance standards.
- Oversee development, testing and production support activities and reports issues and concerns to stakeholder is a timely fashion.
- Ensure successful implementation into production and transition to support teams.
- Assist with critical production issues within the application space as needed.
- Manages a technology portfolio generally aligned to a single or smaller domain
- Utilize technology experience, business acumen, delivery and leadership skills to develop and grow partnerships with senior line of business/functional leaders that enable the team to prioritize technology investments and set/ receive direction to meet the business' or function's technology needs, while aligning to the enterprise's architectural standards.
- Lead a technology initiative or investment through its lifecycle using the appropriate methodology.
- Manage the 24/7 production support of applications including vulnerability remediation and risk management to corporate SLAs.
- Manage, develop and ensure the engagement and effective execution of a small to medium size team which may include business analysts, project managers and/or scrum masters, engineers, developers, external resources and vendors against line of business or functional technology deliverables.
- Oversee development of and set best practices for developing clean, maintainable, testable code.
- Oversee evaluation of new technologies and how they fit into the product solutions.
- Define high-level application platform architectural guidelines and articulate reasoning and trade-offs for choices to business owners.
- Deep understanding of the business; drives, formulates and designs complex solutions to anticipate and meet business needs.
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Knowledge of marketplace experience, developments and trends related to the organization's use of Information Technology (IT); ability to apply knowledge of IT appropriately to benefit the organization.
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply industry knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of effective project management strategies and tactics; ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
- Knowledge of the how's and why's of preparing and justifying business cases and value propositions; ability to justify business expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, ROI, opportunities, and risks.
- Knowledge of the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning; ability to apply organizational acumen and competitiveness to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Knowledge of the value of innovation; ability to create and develop new ideas for answers to work-related problems that improve the performance of the organization.
- Knowledge of quality management methods, tools, and techniques and ability to create and support an environment that meets the quality goals of the organization.
- Understanding of the importance of inter-team collaboration in breaking down silos and achieving business results; ability to lead employees from various functions to communicate, coordinate work across divisions, and collaborate in solving problems as one team.
- Knowledge of the importance of collaboration among team members and the ability to enroll stakeholders in communicating and coordinating activities to support the organization's vision and strategies.
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Knowledge of effective team building techniques; ability to form and manage effective teams.
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of experience in leading and managing software application development teams
- Working knowledge of AML business processes and tools like Nice Actimize, Oracle CTW and Bridger would be a plus.
- Experience with web application development using Java, J2EE and Spring Framework.
- Experience with web services development with REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Knowledge of infrastructure components like Windows and Linux servers, Big IP load balancers, Dynatrace or other application monitoring tools.
- Comfortable with agile software development methodologies like SCRUM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at