Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This is an onsite position in San Diego, CA (relocation assistance is available).
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, oversee, and close multiple, complex Agile and Waterfall projects within the established scope, schedule, and budget.
- Analysis, preparation, and maintenance of a variety of project documents, plans, and correspondence; as well as, the set up and coordination of project meetings and sessions with a variety of individuals.
- Detailing resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors to deliver software development projects according to plan.
- Oversee project quality control throughout its life cycle, and should be meticulous when it comes to delivering complex, software development projects.
- Create and maintain key project documentation including project plans, project charters, status reports, communication plans, and other documentation in alignment with company PMLC/SDLC processes.
- Track project milestones, budgets/expenses, and performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and status to team members and stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Conduct project lessons learned/sprint retrospectives and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Improve the PMLC, SDLC, and Agile templates, tools, and processes to increase efficiencies.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience working in a project manager or similar capacity with a heavy focus on enterprise software development projects.
- Prior experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies on enterprise application development initiatives.
- Knowledge of all phases of the project management and of the software development life cycles.
- Proficient understanding of technical equipment and software packages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as effective critical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Prioritize, lead, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of PM and collaboration tools (Daptiv, Tableau, Azure DevOps, etc.).
- BA/BS Degree in MIS, CS, or related field is preferred.
- Industry certifications are preferred (PMP, PMI, CAPM, CSM, PMI-ACP, etc.).
tags: technology project manager, tpm, scrummaster, scrum master, software project manager, software development project manager