Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Operations Manager, Product Management Job Summary
As a Product Manager within Operations and Technology, you will own and deliver on the strategy to transform MUFG's operational processes across Wires, ACH, and emerging payment channels such as Real-Time Payments (RTP) and Zelle. You will understand product design and development, and lead the end to end business and operations end users through software development lifecycles. You will act as a trusted advisor to revenue partners and product owners to execute on strategic transformational initiatives such as developing a modernized payments platform that meets ISO200022 standards and provides enriched data and payment processing opportunities to meet known and net yet known customer needs.
The successful candidate will have a blend of fintech and operations expertise, great people skills and keen eye for detail, be curious and flexible and be comfortable partnering with software development teams. You can think long-term while staying on top of tactical execution and as an individual contributor you don't mind rolling up your sleeves to get something done. You are also excellent at building stakeholder relationships and earning trust, influencing across the organization, and matrixed management. You will ensure data plays a key role in measuring business performance and decision making, with a keen eye on quantifying the tangible impacts of key initiatives to ensure full value realization Responsibilities
- Own and execute on payments initiatives that align with our three year-plan and strategy to build a next generation scalable payment operations platform that is customer focused
- Partner with Wires and ACH business groups to execute on tactical focused initiatives to ensure stability in the day to day operations processing, with a focus on risk mitigation and process/technology recommendations
- Manage the full lifecycle of product design from ideation through implementation, partnering with technology teams to execute on user side related software development deliverables
- Lead or support end users on production related issues through proactive identification, impact analysis, and remediation plan creation
- 7+ years of experience in product or program management, payment operations or technical project management
- 5+ years managing teams in a direct or matrixed management setup
- Experience with end to end product design and software development lifecycles
- Experience with roadmap definition and strategy creation
- Bachelor's degree with specific focus on Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Solid knowledge and experience with the different payment channels / settlement rails (SWIFT, Fed, Chips, etc.), risk management practices, payment processing vendor applications, treasury management concepts and the regulatory landscape
- Demonstrated ability to think about business, operations and technical challenges, strong analytical skills and a data / metric based approach to decision making
- Strong written and verbal skills with track record presenting to senior management
- Track record working in matrix organization and ability to horizontally and vertically cut across the organization to deliver fast paced quality driven deliverables
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.