Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations in the country. Every day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur engagement & learning, help young people succeed and support adults aging vitally. We produce award-winning content on multiple platforms, and we're currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Technology team!
The Project Manager leads project work by successfully communicating with project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors, other stakeholders and leadership to ensure all deliverables are progressing on time and on-budget. The Project Manager applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to ensure outstanding project completion and innovation.
**Starting Salary: $95,000-$105,000 depending on Qualifications
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Project Management & Business Analysis (75% of time)
- Acts as business analyst by working with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate project scope, product requirements and specifications.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies.
- Documents system requirements, defines scope and objectives, and creates system specifications that drive system development and implementation.
- Initializes and drafts parts of the Statement of Work for potential projects
- Collaborates with Software Development Manager and other Developers on milestone planning.
- Plans, prepares, and executes projects to timelines and deliverables that meet quality and budget requirements.
- Establishes clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools needed and provide timely feedback on project activity.
- Communicates the project weekly status updates including project progress, review of project tasks, project risks, milestones, budget, and project issues.
- Conduct regular status update meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholders’ needs and requirements in mind.
- Troubleshoots technical issues when the need arises, promote solutions, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Ensures customer training and installation planning aligns with customer expectations.
- Represents the Project Manager Office as the center of expertise and reference for project stakeholders on questions concerning project management processes, tools and templates.
Production Management Team Mentorship (20% of time)
- Works with production managers to create detailed project plans, including timelines, key milestones, and task ownership.
- Independently manages multiple complex implementation project plans in a production environment.
- Helps production managers anticipate complex project risks factors, and develop strategies and plans to mitigate any negative impact.
- Develops policies and procedures with the production services team to achieve specific goals, which may be precedent setting.
- Influence and manage expectations to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned within the production process.
Other Duties as Assigned (5% of time)
- Participates as an active member of the IT Team. Contribute to shared goals, innovation and collaborate with colleagues on achievement of priorities.
- Completes other projects & tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in project management role in a complex environment.
- Experience leading project teams without direct people management responsibility.
- Proven and outstanding project and portfolio management skills. Proven ability to deliver dynamic, effective and fully compliant projects.
- 4 years of leading the budgeting and ROI process for supporting project prioritization.
- 2 years of experience implementing enterprise projects across an organization (ERP, CRM, IT, etc)
- 2 years of experience working with external consultants on project teams.
- PMI PMP certified, Agile experience, SCRUM experience.
- 2 years facilitating discussion and project progress to all stakeholders.
- 7 years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Previous experience and/or understanding of a production environment.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- Experience with Atlassian/JIRA
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Outstanding communication skills, open minded, creative problem solver.
- Strong focus on audience and end user needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all team members.
- Professionally facilitate discussions with all stakeholders with the ability to build consensus within groups.
- Self-starter; Team player, proactive, results oriented. Strong attention to detail.
- Resourceful and flexible in finding ways around constraints.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive, Teams, the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to multitask in a fast-paced, time sensitive production environment.
- Commitment to advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) priorities within the organization.
We know that engaging, building trust, and making a difference relies on the collective wisdom and strength of a truly diverse organization. With this in mind, and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and strongly welcome candidates of all identities, lived experiences, orientations, and co