All Technology Team members are responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of OCCU's applications and systems portfolio. In addition, team members are expected to possess and foster a culture of ownership from problem or opportunity identification to resolution or implementation.
The Technology Quality Assurance Lead will work individually, with teams and with third party partners to ensure software and infrastructure projects for the Credit Union are planned, developed and deployed incorporating end-to-end quality standards and techniques. This Lead will support strategic priorities and demonstrate a fanatical commitment to Member experience by driving a continuous improvement quality program for the Technology department. This lead is responsible for test standards, procedures, metrics, and tools. This person will also secure and assign test resources to projects and will ensure each project achieves the quality objectives of the project and Credit Union. As required by then-active projects, the QA Lead will lead test teams and/or contribute as a tester.
• Build and maintain quality assurance and testing standards which support infrastructure and applications in the production environment and ensure that all changes to the production environment adhere to those standards.
• Establish test tools and environments. Manage and sustain the tools.
• Develop and implement defect management and reporting system.
• Understand project objectives and create quality assurance plans that cover all infrastructure, software and technical elements necessary to achieve project success.
• Identify and assign test resources to projects in alignment with QA plans and provide leadership to the test team during project execution.
• Review requirements, architecture and design documentation and validate functional test scenarios are complete.
• Work with application development teams to ensure testability of functions and applications.
• Participate in cross-functional discussions to review the impact of application changes from both internal and external interfaces.
• On behalf of the Technology department, authorize/approve test scenarios developed by third parties.
• Advise and oversee external test resources and services to ensure they meet the standards, expectations and requirements of the Credit Union.
• Manage test schedules and execution.
• Assess and report quality assurance and test risks to Project leadership. Work with Project leadership to manage the risk.
• Participate in go/no-go release decisions.
• Champion and drive improvements to Technology test effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensure collection, quality and archival of all test artifacts from planning to execution.
• Contribute to the development of the Credit Union’s technology strategy.
Functional Team Responsibilities:
• Develop test plans and scenarios to ensure complete test coverage.
• Assist Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects
• Develop and implement the tools needed and write the supporting scripts to implement automation where possible.
• Provide test data requirements that support the implementation of test plans and procedures.
• Write and maintain test scripts that can be integrated into an automated test environment.
• Run manual tests in areas where automation is not yet implemented or is not able to be implemented.
• Manage and maintain a Regression test script library
• Accurately determine, track, and manage test tasks, activities, documentation, and time information.
• Assist in project quality reviews. Perform lessons learned analysis to identify and recommend test scope and test approach improvements.
• Autonomy- The ability to be self-directed and need little or no guidance from more senior members in the department. It is expected that entry level positions will have very little autonomy and need more guidance to accomplish their assigned tasks, while senior level positions must exhibit high levels of autonomy.
• Exercise informed judgement – Possess the ability to execute on findings in a manner that minimizes risk, while also considering the need to provide a solution in a timely fashion.
• Solve problems and analyze issues – Collect data from multiple sources to solve a problem. Ask the right questions to obtain accurate and critical information needed to analyze a situation accurately and properly. Systematically evaluate information by using a variety of proven methods and techniques.
• Deliver results – Establish a track record of results. Get the right things done, and make things happen. Accomplish what is expected of them, on time and within stated budget.
Technology Quality Assurance Lead 3
Adept at forecasting and provisioning. Doesn’t overpromise and under deliver and doesn’t make excuses for not delivering.
• Embrace change – Does not recoil from change. Should an opportunity present itself, this person would jump in with both feet and work side-by-side to help gage the opportunity and align as a teammate ready to take on the challenge.
• Demonstrate Integrity – Take ownership and accountability for actions and outcomes. Build relationships with team and members based on transparency and trust.
• Create transparency – Tell the truth in a way that people can verify for themselves. Be open, transparent, and authentic. Err on the side of disclosure. Do not operate with hidden agendas and do not operate within silos.
1. Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
2. Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
3. Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines, and procedures.
4. Collaborate with peers in other business units.
5. Deliver quality work within specified timelines.
6. Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
7. Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
8. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
9. Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
10. Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
11. Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
1. Seven or more years’ experience with quality assurance and testing of technology projects in a financial services institution.
2. Prior experience leading off-shore and external teams.
3. Experience in test planning, test case design, and manual test scripting and test automation.
4. Successful track record of testing product integrations with custom-built software products, third party APIs and SSO.
5. Experience working in an ITIL environment, particularly one supported using Service Now.
6. Familiarity with development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Cucumber/ Gherkin, Selenium, SOAP-UI, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc.).
7. Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java.
8. Knowledge of SQL and scripting languages such as bash, Java script.
9. Familiarity with Android / iOS test frameworks.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience