Our client is a quantitative hedge fund with high priorities around security, looking for security engineers that have a passion for security and technology. The team has a strong background in systems and networking applied this throughout their security outlook. The team is responsible for defending the system from all threats, including monitoring, incident response, malware analysis and reverse engineering. Responsibilities:
- Monitor and investigate security events
- Investigating IT Security incidents and issues to identify root cause, assess impact and make specific recommendations for containment, mitigation and future improvements to security posture
- Perform proactive engagement in order to identify potential threats to the technology environment and its users
- Contribute to the SOC s knowledge base
- 2+ years of work experience in an information security role
- Experience in security incident response and forensic investigation
- Has a security mindset: creative, thoughtful, thinks of the worst case scenarios
- Hands-on experience with Linux, TCP/IP, and Windows platforms
- Knowledge of security tools including SIEM, Metasploit, Splunk, or WireShark
- Knowledge of malware, viruses, botnet, hacking techniques, etc.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment; is forceful yet open-minded and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
This role is at a company known for hiring the best in the world, with compensation to match. Submit your resume today.