ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Telecom Field Service Technician Position Description:
The Telecom Field Service Technician will provide on-site end user support, telecom installation, programming, maintenance, and repairs to a wide variety of telecommunications systems, equipment, cabling, and to other related systems and equipment at all locations within the assigned work region. This position will work with a variety of telecom systems and hand tools to provision, install, and repair telephones, headsets, and related peripherals in multiple locations and diverse work environments. The Telecom Field Service Technician will also perform other related work as required.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, repair, and preventative maintenance of telecommunications hardware.
- Perform basic telecom hardware and software troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Perform hardware and software installation, move, add, change, and disposal (IMACD) of telephone equipment.
- Ensure telecom systems and related equipment is in optimal working condition.
- Maintain records related to down time, repairs, and modifications.
- Provide telecom related technical support to end-users.
- Assist telecom engineering teams as needed with setup, configuration, and maintenance of system hardware and software.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision. Position Requirements:
- Proficient with Cisco Call Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unity Connection
- Working knowledge of Cisco IP phones, switches, and related equipment and peripherals
- Familiarity with performing basic diagnostic and troubleshooting tasks for interfaces on Cisco switches and routers.
- Familiarity with Avaya/Nortel or other traditional PBX systems a plus
- Working knowledge of VoIP telephony technology
- Working knowledge of IP–based network technology
- Familiar with voice/data structured cabling
- Familiar with PBX cabling (66 blocks, 110 blocks) and related tools (tone generator, probe, punch-down tools, cable testers)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems and take appropriate corrective actions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle tools and work on ladders and step stools
- Some after hours or weekend work and travel may be required
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please contact Christopher at 212-840-8666 or e-mail email@example.com
1185 6th Ave., 3nd Floor New York, NY, 10036Contact