About Telco Experts, LLC:
Telco Experts is a leading technology solutions provider offering data networking, voice, and managed services throughout the Northeast and nationally. Founded in 2007, Telco Experts has grown to include voice, data, network connectivity and management solutions to multi-location enterprise businesses who require white-glove, custom designed technology solutions to run and maintain their businesses.
Headquartered in New York City with a 24x7x365 Network Management Center in New Jersey, Telco Experts is dedicated to pairing effective customer communications with next generation technology. We create solutions to align with your business objectives, while our built-in scalability accommodates for the future. Combined with a strong focus on the customer experience and operational expertise, Telco Experts bridges technology with world class customer service.
Telco Experts is committed to its customers and understands that the success of a company depends on customer satisfaction. That is why we recruit and hire individuals who possess a strong work ethic, are friendly, energetic and passionate about the customer experience.
This position will be located primarily in downtown Manhattan (10271) and occasionally in Oakland, NJ.
- Designs and implements comprehensive network and security solutions for specific products or lines of business and the enterprise.
- Performs complete business and technical assessments of client environments including security infrastructure assessment, strategic planning, solutions architecture, network and systems design,installation coordination, and project management in large and complex internet working environments.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Perform product demonstrations both in person and remotely using web meeting technologies.
- Acts as a key member of the service delivery team, as the project progresses through the requirements, design,development, testing, and implementation phases involved in service delivery.
- Travel up to 30% between the New York,New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut area. Should have reliable transportation.
- Minimum of 5 years recent Telecom Sales Engineer experience.
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet circuit deliveries via Fiber, Copper,and Enterprise Wireless.
- Strong knowledge of Voice over IP including Hosted PBX/Telephony and SIP Trunking. (e.g.,SIP, RTP, T.38 Fax,G.711 and G.729 Codec standards)
- Expert level LAN/WAN networking concepts and networking protocols (Ex: routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, 802.11x WiFi, network and routing protocols, etc.)
- A good understanding of SDWAN and the ability to differentiate the between the various products and companies that offer it.
- Excellent host/network troubleshooting, diagnostics, and problem/root cause analysis skills
- Concise written communication skills along with the ability to create and read Visio data flow diagrams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills a must.
- Must be customer service driven with an upbeat and outgoing personality.
- Must be proactive with excellent follow-through.
- Work in a fast-paced environment as a liaison between Operations, Engineering and Sales Departments
- Ability to communicate layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3 technologies.
- CCNA or other industry recognized certifications or comparable work experience.
- Experience with Edgemarc, Sonicwall, and/or Cisco ASA firewalls and Adtran Netvanta and Total Access series routers and IADs / Integrated Access Devices.
- Strong Knowledge and Experience with various Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, SMTP/POP3, VPN
- Strong Knowledge and Experience with various routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Strong Knowledge and Experience with VPN services such as MPLS and IPSEC