Basic Purpose of the Position
Designs, evaluates, installs, upgrades and maintains telecommunications software and hardware for clients.
In general, most of the time will be spent in the following activities
- Creates voice and data network designs/diagrams/Project Plans for Programming/Installation/Upgrades.
- Anticipates voice/data software and hardware requirements for project plans.
- Collaborates with Technology Manager and Vendors concerning voice and data security access via telecommunications.
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of software based voice mail systems.
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of software based Fax systems.
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of software based Call Accounting systems.
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of VoIP Software based PBX systems.
- Works within a ticketing and work order system.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, Vendor Organized WebEx and Training materials. All Certifications must be kept current at all times.
- Provide weekly reporting on Open Cases, Projects and Services Calls.
- Provide Phone support with remote/onsite field technicians.
- Develop understanding of competitor products and services to effectively describe key differences.
- Document network, create VISIO diagrams, and document system specifications.
- Plan installations by creating and reviewing Project Plans, SOW and technical specifications.
- Identify and escalate any issues with products and services that impact customer acceptance and satisfaction.
- Logs service calls and maintains documents in regards to corrective action initiated on supported systems and create reports.
- Participates in On Call Rotation.
In addition, the position involves other duties such as
- Monitors the phone system consoles and interacts with users to maintain optimum operating environments.
- Works with vendors to provide voice and data communications recommendations for systems technology needs.
- Identifies and provides solutions to VoIP phone system operational problems.
- Relevant Windows Servers Experience: 2 years.
- VoIP PBX Knowledge.
- Knowledge of Cloud Applications.
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers through 2012.
- TCP/IP Networking & Protocols.
- Working knowledge of Network hardware (Routers, Gateways [Analog & VoIP], Switches, SBC).
- Working knowledge of SQL & Exchange Server.
- Working knowledge of VMWare.
- Understanding of network packet analyzers and troubleshooting tools (i.e. Wireshark)