Telecommunications Applications Engineer
Our Portland, OR area client is seeking a telecom engineer to meet customer requirements and perform field engineering to construct new, and monitor, evaluate, and modify existing telecommunication microwave radio and fiber optic transport, mobile radio, alarm and battery/charger systems and facilities. The ideal candidate will become an integral part of an experienced team of engineers supporting one another to produce engineering products and participate in marketing and sales initiatives. Responsibilities
- Interface with client technical staff to determine requirements
- Develop project cost estimates, scopes of work, design drawings and specs, BOM, engineering reports, installation procedures, and test plans.
Education & Experience
- Ability to develop engineering documentation, including procurement and installation specifications, for telecommunications systems
- Demonstrated field engineering, construction and/or maintenance experience
- Comfortable working with project objectives that are not well-defined
- BS in electrical engineering or and 5 years experience in telecom industry and system design
- Understanding of FCC compliance issues a plus
Mainz Brady Group is a technology staffing firm with offices in California, Oregon and Washington. We specialize in Information Technology and Engineering placements on a Contract, Contract-to-hire and Direct Hire basis. Mainz Brady Group is the recipient of multiple annual Excellence Awards from the Techserve Alliance, the leading association for IT and engineering staffing firms in the U.S.
Mainz Brady Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion and incorporate non-discrimination best practices in all of our staffing processes. Mainz Brady Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability or any other protected class.