By Light is hiring a Requirements Engineer to join our team supporting a DOD customer. Requirements Engineers aggregate GFI into usable, actionable Survey and Implementation requirements. Types of GFI include System Engineering Designs (SEDs), MetaSolv System Engineering Work Orders (MSS EWOs), Major Bill of Materials (MBOMs), Telecommunications Services Requests/Orders (TSRs/TSOs), Circuit Pre-Engineering, and other government furnished technical data. Requirements Engineers will coordinate and clarify as needed with program offices, design engineers, and pre-engineers to develop accurate and actionable implementation requirements in support of all designated projects. Following the completion and delivery of requirements, the Requirements Engineer will support implementation staff as required for further clarification once requirements are moved to execution.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
* Provides leadership and engineering direction to the design of network systems.
* Develops and implements strategy for generating multiple alternate designs at each development level, and trade-off results which trigger iteration of the design process.
* Designs and implements highly complex networks that typically link numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas.
* Responsible for the implementation of engineering processes that provide for timely and appropriate integration of all engineering disciplines to ensure a network system design that meets all requirements.
* Identifies problems and risk areas and mitigates their impact.
* Performs technical design reviews.
* Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate personnel.
* Facilitates the reception and clarification of requirements by working with various government customer and non-customer entities to review and deconflict Government Furnished Information (GFI).
* Conducts regular status teleconferences focusing on issue resolution to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of deliverables.
* Maintains Operational and Archival databases (SharePoint/MSS) to ensure all project timelines are met and documentation is accessible to all stakeholders.
* Directly supports Project Management reporting as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
* At least 3 years relevant experience across the entire project life cycle.
* Prior experience with Juniper/Cisco/Ciena/Sycamore (Coriant) products.
* Related industry experience in information technology or engineering.
* Working knowledge Microsoft Office Tools; specifically, Visio & Excel.
* Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Experience working with DOD is highly desired.
* Working Knowledge of NCCM-R/MSS.
* OEM networking certifications is desired but not required
* Bachelor's Degree or higher is desired but not required
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* Minimum DOD Secret eligibility is required
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Department: Information Technology