Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Telematics Integration Engineer.This position is based in Auburn Hills, MI for a large Fortune 500 Automotive firm. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The Connected Services Software Integration Engineer is responsible for the design, development, release and continuous improvement of connected system components, sub-systems and features at automotive level quality and within predetermined timing milestones.
- Ensure documented traceability from requirements through test cases
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Product Owner to review the business requirements, and decipher the design details for the solution.
- Author and maintain design requirements
- Align stakeholder input on design direction to ensure solution robustness through process such as DFMEA
- Interface with Systems engineering to ensure software requirements are documented appropriately and analyzed prior to software design and implementation
- Collaborate with the System Architect and Quality Responsible Engineer on the project to assess ways to simplify testing procedures to ensure application is tested throughout development and before release.
- Create development timing plan and manage each activity to launch programs successfully
- Plan and coordinate software development activities with other global sites
- Plan and coordinate with component and sub-system suppliers to ensure software deliverables are completed per project schedule and meet software quality standards
- Lead joint integration activities to ensure end to end system functionality
- Manage issue triage, documentation, prioritization and resolution working closely with business and development teams
- Effectively transition products that are delivered to Operations for enabling customer support.
- Coordinate to release software & hardware to customer
- Document and communicate lessons learned to global team
- Drive continuous improvements through change management of Connected Vehicle applications and services
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or Information Technology degree.
- 5+ years of current continuous Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity work experience including:
- 1 year in automotive electrical development and design
- 1 year in telematics connectivity
- 1 year in software engineering / development
- Expertise with programming languages, programming techniques - Android, Java, C++, C, iOS-based software architectures analysis, design and development
- Experience working with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Experience with CAN/LIN communication protocols and tools
- Experience with CANoe, CANalyzer, Vehicle Spy
- Proven leadership experience
- Ability to work across time zones with other software engineers
- Strong Communication skills - Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people clearly and effectively
- Excellent Presentation skills - Ability to confidently deliver an engaging message to a group of people which achieves the objectives
- Delivering Results - Strives to achieve excellence in all tasks and goals. Results driven with high levels of initiative and a strong work ethic focused on quality software development
- Problem Solving skills - Excellent problem-solving skills and able to think quickly and adeptly about how to effectively address issues when they arise, implement effective risk mitigation plans to avoid impacting overall
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Able to lead project teams, fostering team cooperation with business partners, vendor/consulting organizations and peer level professionals from other disciplines.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Megha Havaldar at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 248.712.6719. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Telematics Integration Engineer.
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.