The Telephony (Voice/VolP) Technical Lead performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
The Telephony (Voice/VolP) Technical Lead shall:
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Serve as a technical expert and manager for all Voice / VoIP (Avaya) operations and maintenance;
- Advise on Voice / VoIP design, architecture, and engineering;
- Maintain a thorough expertise and understanding of Voice / VoIP Devices and their configurations, including but not limited to PBXs, switches, routers, mailbox systems, and handsets;
- Advise on technology innovations, security threats, and other industry trends;
- Lead the development of technical requirements for Supplier operating agreements; and maintain a detailed understanding of the Software and mevice supporting Network Monitoring Tools (NMT), and the monitoring / reporting capabilities of the NMT.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
- Experience in the implementation and customization of data management and performance tooling.
- Experience and knowledge of telecommunications and voice emerging technologies.
- Proficient in analytical project planning, negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
My SAIC Benefits.