Leidos is hiring a Telephony System Administrator Level 2 - active TS/SCI required in Suitland, MD. All work is onsite; an active TS/SCI is required to be considered for this role
This position will support Hopper civilian and military personnel in responding to employee queries and problems concerning their Windows and UNIX workstations by providing subject matter expertise in the existing areas of IT hardware installation (including some server installation/racking), relocation, repair, removal, and destruction. This also includes installing software, and supporting meetings, briefings, and conferences that are held within the various facilities located throughout the NMIC.
Candidate will work independently to achieve critical mission objectives necessary to continue smooth operations for Hopper, and other internal and external agencies.
Routinely will collaborate with different internal and external customers and other experts to develop technical solutions to problems that are complex and not always immediately identifiable in order to timely meet mission objectives
- Provide in-depth analysis of trouble conditions and facilitate repair efforts. Work independently or coordinate a team of technicians as necessary.
- Monitor vendors' installation of equipment, and perform/coordinate system testing and evaluation activities.
- Inspect and review hardware installation, wiring, power, grounding, system database validation, and other activities to ensure quality installation of services for the client.
- May perform adjunct installation, de-installation, and relocation activities including, but not limited to, site preparation and installation and/or removal of cabling and wiring systems, terminal equipment, automated data processing services and associated hardware and software.
- Coordinate the repair of large or complex troubles
- Perform in the area of network testing, analysis, and optimization.
-Apply transmission-engineering principles to existing network to ensure receipt of quality voice and data telecommunications services.
-Active TS/SCI clearance
-BS and 2 yrs of experience OR 6+ yrs of relevant experience
-3+ years of comprehensive experience with Nortel and Cisco CUCM
-Working knowledge and experience configuring Nortel/Avaya and Cisco VOIPs phones, OJT accepted for VoIP technician
-Must have solid understanding of basic networking and Bix cable termination skills-Strong communications skills
-Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
-Must be comfortable in high visibility, customer facing environments. Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of technical, engineering, and management personnel.
-Experience with classified and unclassified Internet (IP) experience
-Nortel / Avaya Certification