Temp Software QA Engineer
Location: Sony PlayStation in San Mateo, CA
We anticipate a contract duration of one year or more. This position will be evaluated for full-time employment.
Position Overview: The Software QA Engineer supports the quality activities throughout the software development life cycle to ensure the highest video codecs AND/OR audio quality for PlayStation platform.
- Develop test plan, test cases, and analyze test coverage for video codecs AND/OR audio projects.
- Develop test automation suites to improve testing process.
- Execute both whitebox and blackbox tests.
- Maintain bug database, identify and track issues and analyze the issue
- Generate test reports for project performed.
- Research testing methodologies to improve US R&D’s testing process.
- Continue building In-depth knowledge of all video codecs standards and real world applications to improve ongoing testing coverage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 1+ years of QA experience in test design & development and QA process
- 1+ years of experience in Python programming
- 1+ years of experience in C++ programming
- Preferred experience in video codecs AND/OR audio testing
- Excellent communication skills and able to work independently with development team
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems and testing, familiarity with Buildbot or Jenkins