What We Do:
The SEI helps advance software engineering principles and practices and serves as a national resource in software engineering, computer security, and process improvement. The SEI works closely with defense and government organizations, industry, and academia to continually improve software-intensive systems. Our core purpose is to help organizations improve software engineering capabilities and develop or acquire the right software, defect free, within budget and on time, every time.Position Summary:
Are you a talented tier-one technical support person with the desire to work for an organization that is changing the world? Are you a highly motivated and customer-centric troubleshooter looking for your next opportunity? We are looking for you to join our multifaceted IT team at the SEI! In this role, you will be responsible for providing sophisticated support and services including Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Desirable candidates will be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills as well as possess the ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues.Requirements:
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent
- 1-3 years of related experience with Help Desk and end user support.
- Willingness to travel to various locations to support the SEI's overall mission. This includes within the SEI and CMU community, sponsor sites, conferences, and offsite meetings on occasion.
- On site work required.
- You will be subject to a background check.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and providing solutions for technical user problems.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot system and application software including email clients, office applications, and approved customer related requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of computer operating systems and common tools including networking, email clients, and web browsers
- Ability to work remotely on After Hours coverage
- Ability to communicate effectively well with customers with varying needs from government, business, and education spectrums
- Ability to assess support issues and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate resource for resolution
- Certifications from CompTIA A+, CompTIA Networking+, CompTIA Security+
- Ability to assist users by consulting on how to apply new technology to perform their job more efficiently
- Ability to work with other members of SEI Information Technology staff to resolve user problems and provide consistent and reliable help desk service
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/. Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html