Power the economic growth and competitiveness of New York State by providing customers with low-cost, reliable power and the innovative energy infrastructure and services they value.
The Lead SharePoint Developer as a Collaboration Technologies team member, wears multiple hats and is expected to work across our entire technology stack. While this role focuses on SharePoint and Office 365, the incumbent has a strong interest in learning new technologies, and draws on a strong technical foundation to be able to deliver enterprise solutions for our team, regardless of technology.
* Primary responsibility is to work with Collaboration Technologies team to design and build new no/low code solutions for business problems with a focus on SharePoint platform.
* Communicate effectively with employees, consultants, and business partners of differing levels of technical expertise.
* Maintain a large library of electronic forms and create new forms as needed. Research and recommend a long-term platform for the creation of such forms and associated workflows.
* Perform installation, configuration, and maintenance of SharePoint and related technologies.
* Advocate for existing governance and policies around SharePoint, Office 365, and related technologies.
* Perform site and content migrations between on-premise environments and O365, including change control and use of 3rd party tools (DocAve).
* Coordinate development and support efforts with team and manage competing technical project efforts.
* Work effectively as part of a highly collaborative team while independently prioritizing individual daily activities.
* Provide second-level and third-level support for all facets of the SharePoint environment, troubleshooting operational issues, including solutions, software and hardware.
* Work with site owners to maximize SharePoint s role in internal collaboration and communication, with an emphasis on user-created content and self-service.
* Develop, review, and maintain documentation and best practices and procedures.
* Mentor team members in the application of new technologies and / or agile methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* SharePoint On-premise features (2010-2016) and O365/SharePoint online.
* Desktop tools, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, SharePoint Designer, PowerShell, SSRS Report Builder, Tableau, DocAve Suite, Visual Studio and TFS.
* Familiar and practiced with variety of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
* Strong conceptual and analytic thinking skills with the ability to independently drive timely resolution of complex issues.
* Motivated to proactively identify ways to add value to the team.
* Ability to evaluate business requirements and turn them into technical designs.
* Ability to improvise and keep moving forward when ideal solutions are not available.
* Ability to adjust to changing tasks and priorities.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills across the technical team and with business partners.
Education, Experience and Certifications
* 7-10 years of experience in defining and building solutions in SharePoint.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science.
* Preference for no/low code solutions with quality experience in client-side development.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer